Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Uberwars NYC October 13 update

The taxi bosses organized a march across the Brooklyn Bridge yesterday, October 12. I didn't go. I couldn't find any mention of it on the Internet.  Did it happen?  I don't know. Here's what I do know: A group of Uber drivers are trying to pull off a nationwide strike this weekend, October 16-18. I also know that there are medallion taxis that will be sitting parked as usual for lack of drivers on those days. I also know that many Uber drivers are licensed taxi drivers.  Couldn't they be incentivized to drive yellow during the strike?
Some of them are renting Uber cars by the week.  What's to lose for the fleet owners?
Maybe it's too late to get it together for this strike? Something is telling me that we're not looking at the one and only Nationwide Uber Strike, but rather the first. Maybe the notion of this proposal will sink in and become real the next time, and there is going to be a next time.
PS- It's a good time to let your drivers know about the free Sherpa Share heat map.  It directs drivers for Uber to the zones where Uber is likely to be charging passengers surge prices.  This is a war, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment